Field Technician – Michigan (Canton)
As a field technician with MCC you will provide operations and maintenance services for landfill gas collection systems, in order that they maintain maximum efficiency and compliant operation. Position requires routine on-site monitoring of system operations for compliance deadline and contractual requirements; as well as troubleshooting and diagnostics of system malfunctions. Technician will provide documentation of daily activities via electronic data transfers.
You will be required to use motor coordination for a majority of the work day and exert physical effort to lift 50 pounds or less on a regular basis. Additionally the use of personal protective equipment (safety boots, safety glasses, safety vest and personal gas monitoring equipment) is required for daily activities.
Daily work will be independent in nature and require communication with supervisors and clients to ensure project success. Due to the nature of the collection systems, response to after-hours call outs is possible.
Below are the necessary qualifications and skills necessary to perform this job:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, along with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
- Ability to pass pre-employment, as well as random, drug screens, background check and motor vehicle records check;
- Basic computer skills including use of Windows and Windows Office software;
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude, including the proficient and safe use of hand tools;
- Ability to operate all-terrain vehicle in varying conditions;
- Ability to speak and write professionally;
- Ability to work outdoors in all environments for extended periods of time;
- Ability to perform the physical requirement of the position;
- Organized self-starter with initiative;
- Moderate travel required;
- Ability to work safely.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Previous landfill gas system operation experience or education;
- Prefer knowledge/experience with landfill gas system operations , including New Source Performance Standards and general environmental sampling techniques;
- Current OSHA 40 Hr. HAZWOPER;
- HDPE pipe fusion certificate